All the manuscripts must be submitted online through the website
Authors do not have to pay for submission, processing or publication of articles.
The manuscript will be reviewed for possible publication with the understanding that it is being submitted to JPDM alone at that point in time and has not been published anywhere, simultaneously submitted or already accepted for publication elsewhere.
The journal expects that the 'corresponding author' authorized by all the contributors will communicate with the journal for all matters related to the manuscript. The order of naming contributors should be based on the relative contribution of the contributor towards the study and writing the manuscript. Once submitted the order cannot be changed without written consent of all the contributors. Conflicts of interest/competing interests, if any, must be disclosed.
All manuscripts received will be duly acknowledged by e-mail. Submitted manuscripts will initially be reviewed by the Editors. Manuscripts with insufficient originality, serious scientific/technical flaws or lack of a significant message are rejected before proceeding for formal review. Manuscripts that are found suitable for publication in JPDM are sent to two or more expert reviewers. The selection of these reviewers is at the sole discretion of the Editor.
The journal follows a double blind review process, wherein the reviewers and the authors are unaware of each other's identity. Every manuscript will be assigned to a member of the editorial team, who based on the comments from the reviewers takes a final decision on the manuscript. The authors will be asked to modify the manuscript if needed. The comments and suggestions received from the reviewers are conveyed to the corresponding author.
Manuscripts (single word document file with) typed in British English.
Text should be made in MS Word. Size 12 of 'Times New Roman' font with double spacing is recommended for the main text. Title page should be in a separate word file with NAME OF THE ARTICLE, NAME AND DETAILS OF CONTRIBUTORS and NAME, EMAIL & MOBILE NUMBER OF CORRESPONDING AUTHOR. For Headings, Size 16 and 20 can be used. Images, graphs and tables should be included in the main text. References from articles in journals, books and other monographs should be in the formats used by the Vancouver system.
References should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text (not in alphabetic order). Scanned image of signed Copyright transfer statement by corresponding author should be attached as a separate file.
THE JOURNAL OF PROSTHODONTICS AND DENTAL MATERIALS
The following files should be uploaded for manuscript submission:
1. Title page (word file)
2. Manuscript (includes Images, graphs and tables) (word file)
3. Copyright transfer statement
Title Page/covering letter:
1. The type of manuscript (original article, case report, review article, Letter to editor, Images, etc.) title of the manuscript, running title, names of all authors / contributors (with their highest academic degrees, designation, and affiliations) and name(s) of department(s) and/ or institution(s) to which the work should be credited. All information that can reveal your institute affiliation should be here. Use doc files.
2. Registration number in case of a clinical trial and where it is registered (name of the registry and its URL)
3. The name, address, e-mail, and telephone number of the corresponding author, who is responsible for communicating with the other authors about revisions and final approval of the proofs, if that information is not included in the manuscript itself.
Number of authors:
- Original article and Review articles: Maximum of 6 authors. The decision of the editor/ editorial board is final and binding in all situations.
- Case report, Innovations – Maximum of 3 authors. If it is more than 3 authors, justification on the same must be provided in writing by the corresponding author to the editor on the contribution of each author. Prior approval on the same must be obtained by the authors before publication. The decision of the editor/ editorial board is final and binding in all situations.
The main text of the article, beginning from Abstract until References (including tables) should be in this file. The file must not contain any mention of the authors' names or initials or the institution at which the study was done or acknowledgments. Do not add any header here. Please incorporate images, tables and graphs in the manuscript file along with the appropriate legends. The pages should be numbered consecutively, beginning with the first page of the blinded article file.
The font style should be Times New Roman and font size should be 12 for the main text file. Mandatory plagiarism check would be done before publication of the selected articles, therefore authors are requested to follow the recommended guidelines for the same. Submit good quality colour images. The size of the image can be reduced by decreasing the actual height and width of the images (keep up to 1600 x 1200 pixels or 5-6 inches). The contributors' / copyright transfer form (template provided below) duly signed by all the authors should be uploaded.
Kindly follow the specific guidelines according to the study type-
Reporting Guidelines for Specific Study Designs
|Initiative||Type of Study||Source|
|STROBE||Observational studies including cohort, case-control, and cross-sectional studies||https://www.strobe-statement.org/index.php?id=available-checklists|
|CONSORT||Randomized controlled trials||http://www.consort-statement.org|
|SQUIRE||Quality improvement projects||http://squire-statement.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&PageID=471|
|PRISMA||Systematic reviews and meta-analyses||http://prisma-statement.org/PRISMAStatement/Checklist.aspx|
|STARD||Studies of diagnostic accuracy||https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/radiol.2015151516|
|AGREE||Clinical Practice Guidelines||https://www.agreetrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/AGREE-Reporting-Checklist-2016.pdf|
The reporting guidelines for other types of studies can be found at https://www.equator-network.org/reporting-guidelines/.