INFORMATION FOR THE AUTHORS
THE JOURNAL OF PROSTHODONTICS AND DENTAL MATERIALS
The following files should be uploaded for manuscript submission:
1. Title page (word file)
2. Manuscript (includes Images, graphs and tables) (word file)
3. Copyright transfer statement
Title Page/covering letter:
- The type of manuscript (original article, case report, review article, Letter to editor, Images, etc.) title of the manuscript, running title, names of all authors/ contributors (with their highest academic degrees, designation, and affiliations) and name(s) of department(s) and/ or institution(s) to which the work should be credited. All information that can reveal your institute affiliation should be here. Use doc files.
- Registration number in case of a clinical trial and where it is registered (name of the registry and its URL)
- The name, address, e-mail, and telephone number of the corresponding author, who is responsible for communicating with the other authors about revisions and final approval of the proofs, if that information is not included in the manuscript itself.
Number of authors:
- Original article and Review articles: Maximum of 6 authors. The decision of the editor/ editorial board is final and binding in all situations.
- Case report, Innovations: Maximum of 3 authors. If it is more than 3 authors, justification on the same must be provided in writing by the corresponding author to the editor on the contribution of each author. Prior approval on the same must be obtained by the authors before publication. The decision of the editor/ editorial board
is final and binding in all situations.
Manuscript:The main text of the article, beginning from Abstract until References (including tables) should be in this file. The file must not contain any mention of the authors’ names or initials or the institution at which the study was done or acknowledgments. Do not add any header here. Please incorporate images, tables and graphs in the manuscript file along with the appropriate legends. The pages should be numbered consecutively, beginning with the first page of the blinded article file. The font style should be Times New Roman and font size should be 12 for the main text file. Mandatory plagiarism check would be done before publication of the selected articles, therefore authors are requested to follow the recommended guidelines for the same. Submit good quality colour images. The size of the image can be reduced by decreasing the actual height and width of the images (keep up to 1600 x 1200 pixels or 5-6 inches). The contributors’ / copyright transfer form (template provided below) duly signed by all the authors should be uploaded. Kindly follow the specific guidelines according to the study type
Reporting Guidelines for Specific Study Designs
Type of Study
Observational studies including cohort, case-control, and cross-sectional studies
Randomized controlled trials
Quality improvement projects
Systematic reviews and meta-analyses
Studies of diagnostic accuracy
Clinical Practice Guidelines
The reporting guidelines for other types of studies can be found at https://www.equator-network.org/reporting-guidelines/.